ScienceForUkraine and Support for Russian researchers

Johanna Havemann

Mar 4, 2022, 2:35:52 AM3/4/22
to osi20...@googlegroups.com, Glenn Hampson
Dear colleagues,

Regarding the war in Ukraine, I have published a series of posts on my website and would like to ask if you/we can collectively take a stand for Academic Freedom for both Russian and Ukrainian researchers and scholars alike as well as those in neighbouring countries.

An open letter from Russian scientists and science journalists against the war with Ukraine
We, Russian scientists and scientific journalists, declare a strong protest against the hostilities launched by the armed forces of our country on the territory of Ukraine. This fatal step leads to huge human losses and undermines the foundations of the established system of international security. The responsibility for unleashing a new war in Europe lies entirely with Russia. … | https://access2perspectives.org/2022/02/an-open-letter-from-russian-scientists-and-science-journalists-against-the-war-with-ukraine/

Support for Ukrainian researchers
The website #ScienceForUkraine serves as a platform to support Ukrainian researchers with accommodation, research hosting, and funding. |  https://access2perspectives.org/2022/02/support-for-ukrainian-researchers/

Support research and cultural professionals in Russia
PLEASE: Let us support the opposition in Russia by maintaining ties with Russian colleagues in Research and Cultural professional contexts and intl collaboration.
Read here below the English Translation of Elena Stein‘s post | https://access2perspectives.org/2022/03/support-research-and-cultural-professionals-in-russia/

Statement of the ReMO COST Action on solidarity with Ukraine
The ReMO COST Action stands in solidarity with the people of Ukraine. We add our voices to the joint declaration of Eurodoc and the Marie Curie Alumni Association and strongly condemn the Russian Federation’s acts of violence and aggression against the people of Ukraine. We also concur with the COST Association’s call for international efforts to help ensure the safety of Ukrainian researchers and innovators. | https://access2perspectives.org/2022/03/statement-of-the-remo-cost-action-on-solidarity-with-ukraine/

Best
Jo.

Access 2 Perspectives
Open Science Communication & International Cooperation

Jo Havemann, PhD
Trainer & Consultant

ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6157-1494

in...@access2perspectives.org
T: +49-30-24617688  | M: +49-176-22882437 | S: johanna.havemann

https://twitter.com/openscicomm
https://facebook.com/access2perspectives
https://linkedin.com/in/johavemann
https://xing.com/profile/Johanna_Havemann

Tax-No.: 33/334/00296 | VAT-ID: DE286577286

Our website and email server is carbon neutrally powered by https://windcloud.de

Glenn Hampson

Mar 4, 2022, 12:21:07 PM3/4/22
to Johanna Havemann, osi20...@googlegroups.com, Lisa Hinchliffe, roger.s...@gmail.com

Thank you Johanna,

Your work is so important. Lisa Hinchliffe and Roger Schonfeld posted an article on this topic a few days ago in The Scholarly Kitchen (https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2022/03/02/decoupling-from-russia/). I’m copying Lisa and Roger here in case they (or other TSK chefs) might want to post your links in an addendum to their article (or consider other ways of spreading your message). If you’ve Tweeted out this information, maybe let us know so we can retweet (I see that your Twitter feed has been really active with trying to help Ukrainian scientists---thank you; here’s a link to your Tweet on “The open letter from Russian scientists and science journalists against the war with Ukraine currently lists more than 7.400 signatures”:  https://t.co/8Vh1EvdUDE).

Folks---I’m sure Johanna would love hearing from you directly if there’s anything you or your institution want to do to help.

Thanks again Jo,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson

Mar 4, 2022, 12:35:16 PM3/4/22
to Johanna Havemann, osi20...@googlegroups.com

FYI, the work of Science for Ukraine is getting some good visibility on Twitter (@Sci_for_Ukraine, #ScienceForUkraine. Check out their website at Science for Ukraine to see how your institution may want to partner to help place Ukrainian researchers and students. There may be other organizations doing this as well----not sure.

--
As a public and publicly-funded effort, the conversations on this list can be viewed by the public and are archived. To read this group's complete listserv policy (including disclaimer and reuse information), please visit http://osinitiative.org/osi-listservs.
---