Thank you!

Glenn Hampson

Nov 11, 2021, 4:45:55 PM11/11/21
to The Open Scholarship Initiative

Hi Everyone,

As 2021 starts coming to a close (wait, already?), I wanted to take a brief moment to thank you all for your participation in OSI over the years. It’s been an amazing journey to be able to share emails and insights with such a remarkable group for so long.

We’re not at the finish line yet but the end is peeking in sight---our 10 year mandate expires at the end of 2025 and between now and then we’re going to try to stay mostly focused on policy development, deployment, impact assessment and adjustment. This communication channel will stay open so we can continue bouncing ideas off each other and seeking help, guidance, and feedback from fellow OSIers---not just for OSI’s work but for your own open research work, and for the open solutions work of your home institutions and organizations.

If possible, would you please consider asking your home institutions and organizations to help sponsor OSI over these final few years? It doesn’t take a lot of money to keep our lights turned on, and to help achieve our goal of building inclusive, sustainable solutions to the future of open that will benefit research and researchers everywhere.

Some of you have made individual monthly contributions to OSI over the years, and others have arranged large corporate or foundation contributions. Every contribution helps so much and is so valued. To get started, just click on the green “Support OSI” button at the top of the OSI website (or go to https://osiglobal.org/support). Or, just email me and make arrangements to mail a check or make a wire transfer (this is the more typical route our sponsors have taken).

Thank you again, and all the best for a safe and happy end to your 2021.

Sincerely,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
Executive Director