Using cmake to create the osgworks test applications

Tim Larson

Jul 25, 2013, 10:04:45 AM7/25/13
to osgwork...@googlegroups.com
Within the osgworks directory with a tests folder (that includes test applications such as geometryop)

I have been unable to use cmake to build make files in this directory.  I have tried both at the root "tests" directory as well as within the geometryop directory.

I get the error shown below.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.40219.1

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.40219.1

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works

Detecting C compiler ABI info

Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (MAKE_EXECUTABLE):

Unknown CMake command "MAKE_EXECUTABLE".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:

No cmake_minimum_required command is present. A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower

if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project. For more

information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".

This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Paul Martz

Jul 25, 2013, 11:09:01 AM7/25/13
to osgwork...@googlegroups.com
You should run cmake-gui on the top-level CMakeLists.txt file. The ones in subfolders are all subordinate and not capable of creating full project files on their own.

When configuring CMake, make sure you have selected the OSGWORKS_BUILD_TESTS checkbox, which I think is off by default.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC

Tim Larson

Jul 25, 2013, 11:22:27 AM7/25/13