Documentation build target is not automatic

Paul Martz

Nov 10, 2011, 12:23:24 PM11/10/11
to osgbull...@googlegroups.com, osgwork...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -- Now that we have osgBullet's CMake pretty much working again, I
thought it was time to break it again. :-)

For both osgWorks and osgBullet on trunk, the "Documentation" build target is
now created automatically if Doxygen is found, and not created if Doxygen isn't
found. There is no longer an explicit "*_BUILD_DOCUMENTATION" CMake variable.
The benefit of this is that it's one less variable occupying space in the
cmake-gui. On the other hand, if anyone has problems with this change, please
let me know and I'll back it out.

Thanks,

--
-Paul Martz Skew Matrix Software
http://www.skew-matrix.com/

Doug McCorkle

Nov 10, 2011, 4:42:26 PM11/10/11
to osgwork...@googlegroups.com
I like the change. I assume we just need to make sure doxygen is in our path before we run cmake?

Doug

Paul Martz

Nov 10, 2011, 5:11:21 PM11/10/11
On 11/10/2011 2:42 PM, Doug McCorkle wrote:
> I like the change. I assume we just need to make sure doxygen is in our path
> before we run cmake?

Our CMake just does a find_package( Doxygen ), so however the stock CMake script
searches is how we search.

This is really no different from how we had it before; it just does the search
without bothering to see if you've selected the (no longer existing) option. If
you used to select the *_BUILD_DOCUMENTATION option, and CMake successfully
found Doxygen, then now CMake will just successfully find Doxygen and you'll be
good to go.
-Paul