osx homebrew support

Paul Martz

Nov 24, 2012, 12:45:41 PM11/24/12
to osgwork...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenn -- Can I propose a collaboration?

It seems like the most likely source of your seg fault is some kind of binary
incompatibility, probably caused by differences in how your homebrew OSG and
local osgWorks were built. If so, then perhaps adding support for osgWorks to
the homebrew project would resolve the compatibility issue.

I've cloned the mxcl/homebrew repo here:
https://github.com/pmartz/homebrew
Then I took the OSG ruby script and modified it to build osgWorks. If you pull
from my repo, you should be able to try installing osgWorks with homebrew.

Above, I said this is a collaboration: I have no experience with homebrew or
ruby, and currently am unable to test my changes. It is *VERY* likely that
you'll encounter errors. If you can send me a pull request with any changes, or
discuss the errors here, hopefully we can resolve the issues and get something
functional pushed back to mxcl/homebrew.

Let me know what you think.
-Paul

Kenn

Nov 24, 2012, 10:57:58 PM11/24/12
to osgworks-users
I think it's a great idea to get this into brew. There are a lot of
good utilities in this package, and so it would be nice to get them
easily available.

I will give it a look on Monday and let you know.