[osg-users] Correct time to check shader/program info log

James Turner

Feb 26, 2021, 5:47:43 PM2/26/21
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hello,

I’m trying to extract shader compile and link info logs at runtime, so I can log+report them.

I note osg::Program::getGlProgramInfoLog exists, obviously it takes a context ID since the PerContextProgram is what has the actual errors.

Two things I need help with:

1) does the program log also contain shader compile errors, or is this only the link log? I don’t see a corresponding APi on osg::Shader, is why I ask

2) *when* can I call the log functions and expect to get valid results? Given the OSg drawing model, obviously the log won’t be available immediately. Do I need to use a DrawCallback to check the log after the first time the Program has been used?

I looked for examples of using getGlProgramInfoLog but unfortunately couldn't find any, maybe pointing me at one would answer both of these points.

Kind regards,
James Turner