Placing OSG graphics in an FLTK Fl_Gl_Window

Robert Kiser

Apr 2, 2021, 4:15:24 PM4/2/21
to OpenSceneGraph Users
My apologies in advance if what I am asking for is either preposterous or un-achievable.

I was wanting to use the FLTK forms package as a frontend for for a visualization of a finite element (FEA) model using osg as the rendering agent.

As a start, I was able to get the provided example code: osgviewerFLTK compiled, linked and running and it did well.  (Did this on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2019)  But, as per design, it creates its own window.

What I was hoping to do was create a simple FLTK form and place an Fl_Gl_Window on it and then have osg place the rendering in that window (or some similar FLTK widget).  That way, using buttons, menus, etc. I could control the rendering to my liking.

I have already done something similar using a VB.Net form with a C++ DLL backend, but was wanting to transition to an all C++ solution and how to do it with FLTK presently escapes me.

I was hoping that one of the members here had already plowed that ground and could post a bare-bones example of how they did it.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Kiser