Generating and rendering a 'hose'

Matthew Murrian

Jun 30, 2022, 8:43:24 AM6/30/22
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi all,

Until this point, my experience with OSG has been with everything that comes after already having a scene/model for rendering.

What I need to do now is generate a portion of the scene programmatically. Specifically, I need to include a flexible 'hose' in the scene. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. Imagine a garden hose snaking around through the scene. It is parameterized by a constant circular cross-section and the position of a number of discrete points in space. The surface of the hose can be black; shading is optional.

I am sure that I could work through the math to turn that parameterization into a number of triangles and render those triangles. What I am asking is if OSG has anything to help me out with that? It would help if I didn't have to reinvent any wheels here.

Thanks,
Matthew