OpenSceneGraph and Wayland

Tcl3D Webmaster

Sep 27, 2022, 11:18:39 AM9/27/22
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Dear OSG community,

has anybody extended OSG to use Wayland instead of X11 as GraphicsWindow?

Thanks for any hints or links.

Best regards,

Paul Obermeier

phlash...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2022, 8:09:05 AM10/29/22
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi Paul,

I'm aware of one SDL2 backend developed for OpenMW, this in turn supports Wayland as one of the SDL2 backends:

Personally, I've been working to create a direct Wayland backend for OSG as part of the FlightGear simulator, patch here:
This 'works for me' for FlightGear but would probably be better positioned as a PR directly to OSG of course - I'll take a look shortly!

Phil.

Tcl3D Webmaster

Oct 30, 2022, 1:26:32 PM10/30/22
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

thanks for the information.
I will take a look at your FlightGear patch.

Background information: I'm evaluating the possibility to run OSG on a TI Jacinto, which only supports Wayland.

Regards,
Paul

phlash...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2023, 11:08:34 AM10/17/23
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi all,

As a closure to this (nearly a year old) topic - I have now submitted a PR to OSG/master for native Wayland support (https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/pull/1170). Please use the discussion topic (https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/discussions/1260) for any follow up rather than this archive.

Cheers,
Phil.