osgDB file cache

marco....@elmansrl.eu

Jun 18, 2021, 11:06:47 AM6/18/21
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi,

I have an application in which I need to load multiple osg::Node from file. Then, when the application starts, I preferred to load all models.

Each model it's an obj file.

Then, since  I have multiple node to load, the application it takes a long time to starts.

Then, my first question: is it possible to create a cache of each obj files?

I saw that, there is a osgfilecache.cpp file, but I'm not able to understand why it only creates the root folder (empty) and not the subfolders for the caches of each model.

Do you have an example code to help me?

Trajce Nikolov NICK

Jun 19, 2021, 11:57:11 AM6/19/21
to osg-...@googlegroups.com

osgconv --compressed-dxt5 mymodel.obj mymodel.osgb

trajce nikolov nick

marco....@elmansrl.eu

Jun 21, 2021, 4:08:21 AM6/21/21
to OpenSceneGraph Users