Coordinate conversion

wu

Dec 7, 2020, 4:31:03 AM12/7/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users
My data is not Wgs84 coordinate system, How can I use my data on osg and export the model with   coordinate  that I use.  proj or gdal ? I have no ideas.
 If you can provide a detailed method of use, it would be very appreciated,
thanks!

OpenSceneGraph Users

Dec 7, 2020, 6:03:06 AM12/7/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users
On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 at 10:21, OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org> wrote:
My data is not Wgs84 coordinate system, How can I use my data on osg and export the model with   coordinate  that I use.  proj or gdal ? I have no ideas.
 If you can provide a detailed method of use, it would be very appreciated,

I have no idea what would be appropriate as the way you've asked your question is so indeterminate.

What coordinate system do you have?  What data do you have?  Is it already loaded into the scene graph?  If so which loader(s)? How do you want to use this data in the scene graph?

We really shouldn't have to be asking you question to figure out what you "might" mean, you need to tell us what you are trying to do in terms that aren't completely vague.

wu

Dec 8, 2020, 4:19:13 AM12/8/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users

Sorry, the description is not clear, I need to let the program accept data in different coordinate systems, and then use the data to build some models. I don't know how to do it.
How to convert coordinates so that osg can display the position correctly. I checked some information and used proj or gdal to convert coordinates. But I don't know how to use proj or gdal in OSG.
Message has been deleted

OpenSceneGraph Users

Dec 8, 2020, 7:24:52 AM12/8/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 11:46, OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org> wrote:

Sorry, the description is not clear, I need to let the program accept data in different coordinate systems, and then use the data to build some models. I don't know how to do it.
How to convert coordinates so that osg can display the position correctly. I checked some information and used proj or gdal to convert coordinates. But I don't know how to use proj or gdal in OSG.

That's marginally clearer.  Is it vector data?  image, DEMS?

You can use Proj and GDAL for coordinate transforms, in the case of GDAL it can transform image and DEMS as well.  This isn't something that need concern the OSG though.  The OSG will just store the data.

Again, you provided too little information about what you are doing or what issues you are having so there isn't any specific we can advise.