pssm and ECEF databases

Trajce Nikolov NICK

Jul 10, 2021, 11:50:55 AM7/10/21
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Community,

I found this shadow map technique works the best among the rest available in osgShadow. However for ECEF databases I experience jitters,  probably due to the large  coordinates on the ellipsoid.  Any hints how to make it solid? Anyone use the same scenario?

Thanks a bunch as always!

Nick

Trajce Nikolov NICK

Sep 9, 2021, 7:46:19 PM9/9/21
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Community,

Me again on this topic.

I spent some time with the code of pssm and I have implemented the mods to make it work with even larger terrains like ECEF databases. I got hints from Robert and Adrian (the author) and got some inspiration from the osgEarth project. I have tested it with ECEF database and it works fine, but more tests and reports are highly welcome too.

I also created a PR for the osg master repo for review.

Cheers
Nick