Completely disable osg culling

Riccardo Corsi

Jan 11, 2023, 12:50:19 PM1/11/23
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

For a particular use case I need to completely disable all culling performed by OpenSceneGraph.
I thought it was enough (for a single camera viewer) to call:

_camera->setCullingMode(osg::CullSettings::NO_CULLING);

but some drawables are still culled away.

To confirm this behavior I have modified osgViewer adding an event handler to modify the CullingMode at runtime, and when setting the mode to NO_CULLING, the rendered drawabl and polygon count increases, but is still lower than the full counter shown by the VIEW stats.
See the attached screenshots which show the stats using NO_CULLING and DEFAULT_CULLING settings respectively for a sample model.

Which is the right way to completely disable all culling (and thus see the same poly count in the camera and view stats)?

Thank you,
Riccardo

osg_viewer_DEFAULT_CULLING.jpg
osg_viewer_NO_CULLING.jpg

Riccardo Corsi

Jan 11, 2023, 6:04:48 PM1/11/23
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I've just realized that Github Discussions is now the official support channel, I've reposted the question there: