[osg-users] CompositeViewer and GUIEventAdapter returning the wrong GraphicsContext?

OpenSceneGraph Users

Oct 3, 2020, 9:35:15 AM10/3/20
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
I'm seeing a problem when using CompositeViewer where an event handler
is being called with osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::RESIZE but
sometimes (maybe 25% of the time)
osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::getGraphicsContext() seems to return the wrong
osg::GraphicsContext*.

This is with Flightgear, which i've recently modified to use
CompositeViewer.

A similar thing happens when closing windows - sometimes Flightgear is
being told that the main window has been closed, when actually it's
only a secondary window. Or that the wrong secondary window has been
closed.

And there's another possibly related problem where calling
GraphicsContext::valid() returns false when a different window has been
recently closed.

The problem occurs with openscenegraph-3.4.1 on OpenBSD and
openscenegraph-3.4 on Linux. Both systems are running fvwm.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on, or suggestions for how
to investigate things further?

Thanks,

- Jules

--
http://op59.net

OpenSceneGraph Users

Oct 5, 2020, 12:30:29 PM10/5/20
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 14:32:35 +0100
OpenSceneGraph Users
<osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org> wrote:

> I'm seeing a problem when using CompositeViewer where an event handler
> is being called with osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::RESIZE but
> sometimes (maybe 25% of the time)
> osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::getGraphicsContext() seems to return the wrong
> osg::GraphicsContext*.

These problems appear to go away if i build with openscenegraph-3.6.5.

Commit e17f1c4e317 might have been the fix, but i haven't checked:

Refactored the handling if RESIZE, CLOSE, QUIT AND USER events so
they are dispatched to all views associated with a window, or all
views associated with a CompositeViewer

- Jules