Server migration this week

1 view

Robert Osfield

Feb 12, 2007, 6:53:26 AM2/12/07
to osg-crew
Hi All,

osg-crew has been rather quiet since December, progress has been
ticking along behinds the scene though. Back in December I gave the
thumbs up to offer to host at 'Universidad Politécnica de Valencia'
(www.upv.es) organised Jose Luis Hidalgo's.

UPV have now bought servers to host openscenegraph.org and associated
facilities, and Jose has been setting up the main server ready for
migration. I have redirected openscengraph.com to the new server, so
we'll be able to test things out before the final redirection of
openscenegraph.org:

http://www.openscenegraph.com

The big elements of the migration will be:

1) the wiki website
2) CVS -> SVN for OpenThreads and OpenSceneGraph
3) Mailing lists.

There are other elements such as openscenegraph.org/viewcvs, and other
projects that are current hosted on openscenegraph.org.

Can anyone think of anything glaring missing? Any gotcha's we should
be mindful?

Thanks again to Jose and his colleagues at UPV ;-)

Robert.

Jan Ciger

Feb 12, 2007, 6:57:26 AM2/12/07
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 12 February 2007, Robert Osfield wrote:

> The big elements of the migration will be:
>
> 1) the wiki website
> 2) CVS -> SVN for OpenThreads and OpenSceneGraph
> 3) Mailing lists.
>
> There are other elements such as openscenegraph.org/viewcvs, and other
> projects that are current hosted on openscenegraph.org.

Viewcvs is probably best replaced by Trac, but this was discussed already.

> Can anyone think of anything glaring missing? Any gotcha's we should
> be mindful?

Let me know if you need help with the mailman setup.

Jan

--

Jan Ciger
GPG public key: http://www.keyserver.net/