deep links to openscenegraph.org are broken

mew

Jul 25, 2007, 8:08:42 PM7/25/07
to osg-crew
Hi,

(I originally sent this to osg-users, copying here)

The translator from the OSG .org domain to the .com domain is broken,
so none of the deep links to .org are working. The translated name
gets the first slash put in the wrong location:

"openscenegraph.org/foo"
becomes
"openscenegraph.comfoo/"

Those deep links to the .org domain are all over the web in many high
profile venues (eg: the OpenGL SDK page)

This really needs to get fixed asap

cheers
-- mew

Robert Osfield

Jul 26, 2007, 4:46:23 AM7/26/07
to osg-...@googlegroups.com, Jose Luis Hidalgo
Hi Mike et. al,

We are about to move across the Tracs based website, this might
introduce some additional problems it seems w.r.t. controlling
subdirectories.

We do now have openscenegraph.org name served under our control at
Dreamhost, so might also be able solve some of them too.

W.r.t places for downloads etc, Martin and I were discussing the
possibility of having things like downloads under the subdomain of
openscenegraph.org, i.e. downloads.openscenegraph.org, and perhaps the
old wiki website at oldwiki.openscenegraph.org. This doesn't solve
the deep links issue though, but might fix some issues with Tracs.

Thoughts?
Robert.

Jose Luis Hidalgo

Jul 26, 2007, 4:55:34 AM7/26/07
to rob...@openscenegraph.com, osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I thought this was solved far ago when the first problems arise.
I've changed the redirection to append the last backslash to it. In
the near future we will swap the domains and .org will be the main
domain.

Cheers,
JL.

2007/7/26, Robert Osfield <robert....@gmail.com>: