A new functionality to limit technology uptake

Georgios Avgerinopoulos

Apr 2, 2021, 6:29:20 AM4/2/21
to OSeMOSYS
Hi community!

We've just developed (and tested) a new functionality which basically limits capacity expansion relative to the previous year (from the 2nd year on).

So if capacity in 2020 is 10GW and the expansion limit in 2021 is 0.2, capacity in 2021 won't exceed 12.

Should you find it useful, I'm attaching a version of the fast code to which we added the new parameter (line 135) and the new constraint (line 444-446).

Best, G.
vivid.txt

Taco...@sfu.ca

Apr 3, 2021, 5:01:07 PM4/3/21
to OSeMOSYS
Hi Georgios,

As well as posting to the OSeMOSYS group, you may also want to consider contributing code additions to the OSeMOSYS GNU_MathProg GitHub:  https://github.com/OSeMOSYS/OSeMOSYS_GNU_MathProg.

You can submit it as an issue, or as a Enhancement proposal or a pull request.

Cheers,
Taco..

Georgios Avgerinopoulos

Apr 5, 2021, 2:32:47 AM4/5/21
to osem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Taco,

Sure, will do. Just waiting a few more days as we are considering making a tweak.

Best, G.

Georgios Avgerinopoulos
Research Engineer at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering
00447885802151
Sweden

Tim Lischka

Nov 4, 2021, 6:50:29 PM11/4/21
to OSeMOSYS

Hi  Georgios,

just wanted to leave a THANKS!

This "capacity-cap" worked quite perfectly for me, and it's super useful to "smoothen" system changes.

Georgios Avgerinopoulos

Dec 7, 2021, 3:10:55 AM12/7/21
to osem...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim and all,

An improved version here. It also includes a seed value. A fixed value that can be added to kick start techs with no residual capacity. That could be eg 1% of the sum of the capacities that satisfy one demand. Added every year but as capacity grows it becomes insignificant.

Best, G.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OSeMOSYS" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osemosys/53b4bc93-bb48-4806-a6b0-822885bfd17cn%40googlegroups.com.
vivid (with em penalty).txt