Open Source Ecology Mid Mo General Meeting @ 6:30 or 7:00 on Thursday

Richard Schulte

Feb 16, 2009, 5:11:01 PM2/16/09
to Open Source Ecology - Mid Missouri Listserv
Open Source Ecology Mid Missouri General Meeting starting between 6:30
and 7:00 at my house (307 North 9th St.) on Thursday!

We are going to have a general meeting for open source ecology and try
to put everything we are doing into scope and to facilitate the
development of Open Source Ecology as an organisation. Open Source
Ecology Mid Missouri is the group that has been organizing the
Columbia Exchange Circle and other projects. What do we have on the
table for this semester beyond the CEC?

"Open Sustainability Network: Tools To Thrive" - March 14th

This is an event that I and Lonny Graffman from Appropeda
(Appropedia.org) have been planning for a long long while. He is going
to fly out on the 13th from Arcata, CA to work with us on this Forum
and Showcase and Working Group.

We will be doing this as a kind of regional forum of the Open
Sustainability Network, a global network that represents a nexus of
sustainable development oriented, open paradigm organizations. OSN is
interested in facilitating Local Knowledge Networks and that is what
this event will be all about, the first of its kind in the US as far
as we know.

Basically, we are gathering as many folks who are developing or using
appropriate technology and permacultural/urban agricultural methods in
order to showcase Columbia's own knowledge and practice. Our Next
Steps at the little mini conference will be to develop knowledge
exchanges to facilitate the transfer and development of this and
further knowledges in order to lay an informational foundation for
Columbia's sustainable future.

If you happen to know of anyone who would be good for showcasing the
event, or if you would like to get involved in planning and setting up
the event, please let us know or come to the meeting! Its going to be
really easy and fun and we need a task force of about 6 people to get
it all done.

Task Forces: Food, Supplies, Outreach/Publicity, Event Coordination,
Documentation < something for everyone!

The schedule and collaboration document will be uploaded to the google
group page after I send this email.

Also, I would like to throw around some ideas about getting a
Yardsharing network started, as well as other things.

This event and any other ideas people have for what OSE can be doing
this semester are what we got to work on. So if you would like to be
involved, come by! Also, come by if you just want to learn more about
Open Source Ecology.

Richard