Searching for Venue for Gold Coast Tech Space

Steve Dalton

Jul 21, 2010, 2:10:12 AM7/21/10
to os...@googlegroups.com, gc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Hoping this email might find some people that might be able to help us
(or at least people that might be able to pass this on).

A few of us went up to Brisbane last night to look at the Brisbane
Hackerspace. We were just blown away by what they have done up there.
It's still pretty rough around the edges, but that's the beauty of
it... from humble beginnings they have already achieved a lot.

If you want to learn more about the Brisbane space, check out

- http://groups.google.com/group/brisbanehackerspace and
- http://www.hsbne.org

Anyway - I'll cut to the chase. Some of us are REALLY keen to seize
the moment and get one going on the Gold Coast whilst enthusiasm is
high.

We can talk and talk about this, but what we really need is some SPACE
that we can call our own as soon as possible. Yes - we can rent this
and long term we might end up doing this, but as a starter it would be
great if we could find an like-minded generous individual or a company
with an interest in this sort of thing to give us some space as a
donation-in-kind (or maybe part donation or something else).

Anyway - if anyone out there fits this bill or knows people, we'd be
really keen to talk to them. You can email me back at this address or
call me anytime on 0414 464564.

Thanks for listening
Steve