Re: [gclug] Fwd: [contact] Meeting with a fellow Linux enthusiast

Steve Dalton

Jun 14, 2008, 4:12:38 PM6/14/08
to gc...@googlegroups.com, os...@googlegroups.com
I just reread his email - he's not going to be at Barcamp... my bad for not reading properly.

Would anyone be interested in an informal meeting at the pub or somewhere with this guy, could combine it with an OSDGC meeting to discuss Barcamp preparations too.

Regards
Steve

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Steve Dalton <steve....@gmail.com> wrote:
I suggested maybe he does a talk about his LUG activities in Finland at Barcamp.

re barcamp - I hope you are all coming on 5th July. Lots of people interested, lots coming, and it looks like I actually have some sponsorship this time!

http://barcamp.org/BarCampGoldCoast

Steve

Jun 14, 2008, 4:17:23 PM6/14/08
to Open Source Developers Gold Coast

Jun 15, 2008, 12:24:42 AM6/15/08
to os...@googlegroups.com
I'm always up for beer :)

Steve Dalton

Jun 15, 2008, 1:47:17 AM6/15/08
to gc...@googlegroups.com, Open Source Developers Gold Coast, niko.ko...@jyu.fi
I'm away that weekend - but I am here the following week if he is also going to be here (he said possibly). Otherwise - feel free to set something up with niko for next Fri/Sat without me.

Niko - join http://groups.google.com/group/gclug & http://groups.google.com/group/osdgc - plenty of people on there to meet up with.

Steve

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Steven Tucker <tux...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
I'm in

Tuxta

Jun 16, 2008, 7:02:21 AM6/16/08
to npko...@jyu.fi, gc...@googlegroups.com, Open Source Developers Gold Coast
That's fine Niko - I'll try and set something up. Will probably just be informal at the pub or something.

You guys up for a meeting on Friday 27th?

Steve

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM, <npko...@jyu.fi> wrote:
Thanks, and greetings from the Singapore airport ;)

27th is fine with me, I'm arriving back to Brisbane from Cairns at 14:55
and it will probably take me maybe 2-3 hours to get to Gold Coast, so
don't schedule the meeting too early :)

-Niko

> No probs Niko. We might try and organise something for the evening of
Friday
> 27th if that's ok then?
>
> Have a good trip
>
> My number is 0403070464 or 07 5518 8681 if you need to call.
>
> Steve
>
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM, <npko...@jyu.fi> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Thanks for your quick reply :)
>> Either way, I'm going to be in the Brisbane area on 27.-30.6., so I can
come to Gold Coast on any of these days even if I'm not staying there
for
>> the whole weekend. So pick any date that suits you best and I'll be there
>> :)
>> My flight leaves in 4 hours, so I don't know exactly when I'll be able to
>> read my emails again.
>> -Niko

Lee Butts

Jun 16, 2008, 7:09:57 AM6/16/08
to os...@googlegroups.com
fine by me.

cheers

Lee

David Baker

Jun 16, 2008, 7:43:23 AM6/16/08
to os...@googlegroups.com

2008/6/16 Steve Dalton <steve....@gmail.com>:

That's fine Niko - I'll try and set something up. Will probably just be informal at the pub or something.

You guys up for a meeting on Friday 27th?

Friday 27th is good

Dave