[Seisunix] SU merge

Chang-sung,Ha

Oct 27, 2009, 1:18:52 AM10/27/09
to seis...@mailman.mines.edu
Hi

I have 3 SEG-Y data
111-a.segy 111-b.segy 111-c.segy

3 data is 1 track line
How can I merge 3data to 1data?

thank
--
Chang-sung,Ha <chang...@gmail.com>
CNU margeo

Leonard Lisapaly

Oct 27, 2009, 1:48:23 AM10/27/09
to chang...@gmail.com, seis...@mailman.mines.edu

Does it mean that all 3 data is on the same seismic line? And what is the
difference between the 3 data?

Merging the data can be done using "cat" command. First, you convert your
SEGY into SU format and then

cat 111-a.su 111-b.su 111-c.su >111.su

Cheers,
Leonard

Glenn Reynolds

Oct 27, 2009, 4:37:11 AM10/27/09
to seisunix

Hi

If they are all from different shot points, try:

  for file in 111*.segy;do segyread tape=$file endian=0 | segyclean ;done >111-all.su

That will concatenate all of the shots into SU format. There will be files 'binary' and 'header'. These will be from the last segy file that was read.

To keep all of the headers, try:

  for file in 111*.segy;do segyread tape=$file endian=0 hfile=$file.header bfile=$file.binary | segyclean ;done >111-all.su

- glenn

Stefan Lueth

Nov 5, 2009, 5:48:25 AM11/5/09
to seis...@mailman.mines.edu
Hello,

I have written data into sgy format after some su processing with them and try to get them into another processing system (inhouse development) which needs correct setting of the "number of traces" in the file header. I tried

segyhdrs < rec0001.su ntr 6

before calling segywrite, but it does not seem to work. The number of traces value seems to be set to "1", regardless of the actual number of traces.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a "feature"? Promax segy did work...

Best regards

Stefan Lüth
GFZ, Potsdam, Germany

Leonard Lisapaly

Nov 5, 2009, 5:57:28 AM11/5/09
to Stefan Lueth, seis...@mailman.mines.edu

Stefan,

Try :

segyhdrs nsno_of_samples dtsampling_interval_in_microsec

And then

segywrite <su_input_file tapesegy_output_segy

Cheers,
Leonard

Nov 5, 2009, 7:42:35 AM11/5/09
to Stefan Lueth, seis...@mailman.mines.edu
Or use SeiSee, a freeware program that allows you to manipulate the
header words. If that doesn't work for you I can send you another Unix
utility.
Good luck,
Werner

Sent from my iPhone

Stefan Lueth

Nov 5, 2009, 7:54:15 AM11/5/09
to Heigl, Werner, seis...@mailman.mines.edu
Thank you,

Leonard's line did the job. I wonder SU does not check for the respective trace header word before writing the file header...

Cheers

Stefan

-------- Original-Nachricht --------