[rsf-user] sfawefd2d version 3.1.1 vs 1.6.5

Grohmann, Maria

Apr 21, 2021, 7:59:41 AM4/21/21
to rsf-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Dear all,

I have trouble using the function sawefd2d function since I installed the version 3.1.1. Before this I used the version 1.6.5.

For example if I run the reproducible document of the Amoco model on the Madagascar homepage I get different wavefields.

Calculated with Madagascar version 3.1.1

Also if I run the example from the Madagascar homepage on http://ahay.org/wiki/Guide_to_madagascar_programs#sfawefd2d I get a different wavefield:

Then I noticed that the parameter free=y changed to fsrf=y, but I get the same wavefield when I use fsrf=y and fsrf=n. Also when I place my source on the free surface my wavefield is black (no calculation of the wavefield). Using version 1.6.5 I was able to directly place the source on the free surface in my models.

The main issue is also that using version 3.1.1 I can’t reproduce my acoustic RTM results from version 1.6.5.

Is there someone who can help me or also had problems using the function sfawefd2d?

Many many thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Maria