Installation instructions are for whom?

William Titus

Jan 6, 2015, 8:01:29 PM1/6/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com

Manual Install

  1. Download Drupal from https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal
  2. Extract files into desired directory install directory
  3. Create MySQL database
  4. Ensure existence proper permissions on sites/default/settings.php, sites/default/files, sites/default/modules, sites/default/themes
  5. Install Drupal
  6. Clone OSCI Toolkit from GitHub into Drupal install (https://github.com/IMAmuseum/OSCI-Toolkit.git for typical install put it in sites/default)
  7. From the build directory run build-dependencies.sh (requires wget, unzip)
  8. Enable OSCI Toolkit Modules through Drupal
  9. Add ePub Links block to sidebar (restrict to content types publication & section)
  10. Add Nodetree Navigation block to sidebar (restrict to content types publication & section)
  11. Set proper role permission on the OSCI Toolkit Default Format (admin/config/content/formats)
  12. Enable ckeditor for the OSCI Toolkit Default Format (/admin/config/content/wysiwyg)
  13. Add the following CKEditor buttons (bold, italic, underline, paste from word, OSCI - Footnote reference, OSCI - Figure Reference, OSCI - Figure, blockquote, html block format)
  14. Setup web-app preview settings (/admin/config/system/osci/webapp)

These instructions assume an unspecified level of technical knowledge.

I installed Drupal on our experimental website using cPanel installation on our website. A MySQL database was created during the installation.

What are the "proper permissions" required?

To obtain the OSCI Toolkit from GitHub, one must join GitHub . But cloning is not possible unless a respository is created. Instructions on why and how to do that would have been welcome. I skipped it.

So I downloaded the ZIP file, UNZIPped it locally and FTP'd to the website.

How and from where do I "run build-dependencies.sh?" What is and where will I find "wget?" And for what reason is "unzip" required at this point in the installation process?

And how are the add/enable/set steps 9-14 accomplished?

I appreciate all the work that has gone into developing and distributing the Toolkit, but it's unfortunate that the accompanying installation instructions are not clearer.

Kyle Jaebker

Jan 9, 2015, 8:56:06 AM1/9/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
William,

We are working on making the install process much simpler. That being said, the manual install is the more advanced way of doing it. Here are some links that might get you up and running quicker:

This is the easy installer we have been working on. You just download and unzip the files (or clone the repository) and then run the osci-install.php file from your browser.

Hope that helps.

Kyle

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Kyle Jaebker by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

William Titus

Jan 10, 2015, 1:20:22 PM1/10/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kyle.

Thanks for your help.

With Drupal installed, I uploaded all the files to the Drupal directory (osc) and ran osci-install.php with the following result:

Inline image 1
Any light you can shed on the issue will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

William H. Titus  |  Registrar
T: 631.845.5011  |  F: 631.423.2145
www.heckscher.org

T H E   H E C K S C H E R   M U S E U M   O F   A R T
2 Prime Avenue  |  Huntington, NY 11743

Message has been deleted

Jeremy Tubbs

Jan 20, 2015, 3:07:41 PM1/20/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello William,

Sorry about the confusion..

If you are using the OSCI Toolkit Installer you do not need to follow the installation instructions from the Wiki for Manual Install.

And navigate to: osci-install.php

The installer should unzip Drupal and its dependencies and prompt you for your credentials.

Then you will be redirected to your fresh OSCI Toolkit install where you can login with your username and password.

Thanks,
Jeremy

William Titus

Jan 20, 2015, 7:11:50 PM1/20/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jeremy,

I appreciate your efforts to assist me but what I need is a simple and complete set of instructions that do not leave me at a screen relying for information from me I do not have. As that appears to be the ultimate end of the installation process, I must let it go.

But it is not a failure on your part, just a confirmation to me that one needs a level of knowledge and experience I simply do not possess.

Regards,

Bill

Arturo Pena

Mar 23, 2016, 7:26:42 AM3/23/16
to OSCI-Toolkit
Hello,
Any insight into why I might be getting these errors:

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/.DS_Store): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/authorize.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/CHANGELOG.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/COPYRIGHT.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/cron.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(): Permission denied in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 14 Notice: Undefined variable: status in /opt/www/www.testdomain.com/htdocs/osci-zipper.php on line 35

All of the unzipped files from the OSCI Toolkit Installer are owned by "root" and all have permission of 777, after being unzipped into a clean directory. What can I correct in order for the installer to run? Thank you!