notes on using the OSCI-Toolkit-Installer

Tom Freudenheim

Jan 27, 2015, 9:48:57 PM1/27/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just started installing the OSCI toolkit using the installer. I did not find any instructions for this type of install, so I'm writing up a few items/comments, as well as asking for help on where I got stuck.

Prerequististes I discovered
You need PHP, MYSQL, and a MYSQL database with an associated user.

I unzipped the installer in a subfolder named OSCI, so to run it I typed http://localhost/OSCI/osci-install.php

This brought me to the screen where I entered the db name, user name, etc. It would have been useful if it was clearer where I was creating users (in he site mantenance account) vs. where I was telling the system about existing users (in the Database Settings).

After the installation was complete, it redirected to "/" which in my case was "localhost".  I manually typed http://localhost/OSCI/ to start Drupal.

I logged in with the username and psw I had created and I got the following 404 message:
 The requested URL /OSCI/node was not found on this server.

I'm not sure what's next, if I needed to create a site with this at the root, or there is something missing from the install or another prereq is missing (maybe something to do with URL rewriting?)

Tom

Tom Freudenheim

Feb 2, 2015, 3:27:57 PM2/2/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Good news --

I fixed these issues, once I got mod_rewrite properly enabled.

I can now log in!

Next step: testing the app (I plan to swap the front_end to the front_end git repo before any testing.

Tom

Kyle Jaebker

Feb 2, 2015, 3:31:24 PM2/2/15
to osci-t...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

Great, glad to hear you got it up and running. We will have to look into the mod rewrite issue, the site should work even if that is not enabled.

Kyle

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Kyle Jaebker by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.