Problem with distance

Kevin Herzog

Sep 19, 2015, 9:26:46 AM9/19/15
to OSCeleton
Hi to everyone!
I'm using OSCeleton in OSX 10.10.1, using it with pd-extended, and with a kinect model 1414 (the old ones).
I get a quick response with the calibration and in a near range is working fine. The problem comes when i go beyond 3.5 meters in the z axis. After that, the calibration loses the user and i can't recover it unless i get back to the first 3.5 meters.
Did anyone have this problem? Do you know how to work it out?
Thanks!!

Michael Nielsen

Sep 19, 2015, 9:43:30 AM9/19/15
to osce...@googlegroups.com
Maybe that is the max reach of the kinect.

Kevin Herzog

Sep 19, 2015, 9:56:35 AM9/19/15
to OSCeleton
It supposed to be 0 to 7 meters in the z coordinate, according to the OSCeleton readme.
Wikipedia says this: "The area required to play Kinect is roughly 6 m2, although the sensor can maintain tracking through an extended range of approximately 0.7–6 m (2.3–19.7 ft).
Although, it says this, too: "The Kinect sensor has a practical ranging limit of 1.2–3.5 m (3.9–11.5 ft) distance when used with the Xbox software."
Maybe OSCeleton uses the Xbox software, too? Or is it that the model 1414 (Xbox 360 Kinect) has to use that software to work?
Thanks again!