Free on Aug 23 via Climate Reality Bay Area: People Over Pipelines: Line 3, Climate Justice, and Allyship for Indigenous Rights

Green Novato

Aug 17, 2021, 2:30:48 PM8/17/21
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Hi OSC,

This will be an excellent event, free and open to all.  It's hosted by the Climate Reality Bay Area chapter and will be led by Alma Soongi Beck, who many know for her ongoing climate justice work around the Bay.

Next Monday at 5pm.  Details below.

xK

Kevin Morrison (he/him)
Founder Green Novato
Candidate for Marin County Supervisor (District 5)
310-801-8697 cell

People Over Pipelines: Line 3, Climate Justice, and Allyship for Indigenous Rights

5:00pm - 6:30pm Monday, August 23rd
Come join us for our People Over Pipelines: Line 3, Climate Justice, and Allyship for Indigenous Rights event on Monday, August 23rd from 5:00pm - 6:30pm! We will welcome special guests Sarah Diefendorf and Elaine McCarty (Environmental Finance Center West, a project of Earth Island Institute), and Carrie Clayton (US Climate Action Network) to speak about what climate activists need to know about treaty rights, pipelines, and participating as allies in Indigenous-led environmental and climate justice campaigns. Sarah and Elaine have been working with native tribes in California and the Southwest for nearly 20 years, and Carrie will cover the Stop Line 3 movement. You won’t want to miss this! Registration link: