Easy Take Action Form -Against GeoEngineering

oceans3

Apr 14, 2024, 10:12:19 PMApr 14
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Send Your Representative This Letter:

Dear Legislator, [or other official]
(Our system will insert legislator name for your zip code)

Like most Americans I do not consent to United States policy allowing for solar radiation modification (SRM), stratospheric aerosol injection (SAI), and other atmospheric experimentation involving the intentional polluting of our atmosphere.

SAI experiments contaminate the air, water, and soil, threatening life and property.

In case you are not aware of past and future federal funding of SRM and SAI geoengineering experiments, details are described in this June 2023 White House Report:

Congressionally-Mandated-Report-on-Solar-Radiation-Modification.pdf (whitehouse.gov)

From paragraphs two and three on page 22 of the above, “Congressionally Mandated Research Plan and an Initial Research Governance Framework Related to Solar Radiation Modification”:

“Instrumented aircraft platforms and aerosol or aerosol-precursor injection systems would be needed in both (stratospheric aerosol injection) SAI and (marine cloud brightening) MCB small-scale outdoor experiments. The effort to design, plan, coordinate, and execute these outdoor experiments is a multi-disciplinary, multi-year activity involving scientists, engineers, and technicians and one that spans multiple institutions and agencies. For SAI experiments, of interest is how aerosols are formed and evolve in the real stratosphere in response to the injection of aerosols or aerosol-precursor gases (e.g., sulfur dioxide). A variety of aerosol materials could be examined.”

Page 43, paragraph two of the above document says: “The Federal government conducts or funds limited research into SRM. Congress has directed NOAA to fund SRM research as part of its Earth’s Radiation Budget Program for the last several years. This supports several observational and modeling activities in NOAA, NASA, and with partner organizations (e.g., the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research, NOAA Cooperative Institutes, and academia). NOAA and NASA are cooperating on sampling the lower stratospheric aerosol layer in the Stratospheric Aerosol processes, Budget and Radiative Effects (SABRE) mission using the NASA WB-57 high-altitude research aircraft.”

State policymakers in Kentucky, Minnesota, South Dakota, Illinois, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Connecticut have introduced legislation to prohibit weather modification and other weather engineering activities involving the intentional polluting of our sky.

Urging you to take legislative action to prohibit SRM, SAI and other polluting atmospheric experimentation in our skies. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

(Your Name)
(Your Postal Code)

PS –
(Your additional comments, if any)

Fill in this form from the link below, then hit “Send Letter”