No 2015 schedule update for android app?

chris (fool) mccraw

Jun 23, 2015, 11:52:44 AM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com

Just checking to make sure I didn't miss something obvious, but I can't even find the app in Google play anymore, and my old installation seems to be referencing last year's schedule

Daniel Johnson

Jun 23, 2015, 12:20:08 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com

Don Park and I both know how to update it. I don't think I have Android tools installed right now.

--

---

rei...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2015, 12:34:55 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com, osbr...@googlegroups.com
I thought we updated the app last year to always point at the current event instead of needing yearly updates. Which app are you downloading?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:02 AM, chris (fool) mccraw <gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just checking to make sure I didn't miss something obvious, but I can't even find the app in Google play anymore, and my old installation seems to be referencing last year's schedule

Don Park

Jun 23, 2015, 12:46:18 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com
It is still hard-coded to the year. I just pushed a commit that *should* update the app to 2015, but this is a new laptop not setup for Android development (yet).

Who access to the google account that controls the Play Store entry for the OSB app? Also I'm in #osbridge IRC

Don

Amy K. Farrell

Jun 23, 2015, 12:47:29 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the problem is that the app doesn't show up in Google Play
anymore. Chris might have an older version on his phone. I don't have
it on my phone at all, which surprises me a little.

- Amy

chris (fool) mccraw

Jun 23, 2015, 1:01:46 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com
yup, seems like it would need to be republished.

Don Park

Jun 23, 2015, 2:54:21 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com
The Android schedule app has been rebuilt to '2015 specifications' and re-submitted to the Google Play store. Its awaiting approval from Google which is supposed to take some number of hours.

Don

Daniel Johnson

Jun 23, 2015, 2:57:13 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com

Google changed their agreement a few months ago. If an account doesn't click the "I agree" their apps got taken down.

Don Park

Jun 23, 2015, 7:52:39 PM6/23/15
to osbr...@googlegroups.com
The 2015 version of the schedule app is in the google app store.

Google Play link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.opensourcebridge.navigator

Don