OpenConferenceWare code sprint – July 16, 6pm, Ford Food + Drink

Reid Beels

Jul 10, 2014, 4:32:58 AM7/10/14
to OSBridge Planning List, openconfe...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

At the feedback session for this year's Open Source Bridge, there was some interest in holding work sessions to improve OpenConferenceWare (https://github.com/osbridge/openconferenceware), the conference software that runs our proposal submission and scheduling system.

To get things started, I'm holding an OpenConferenceWare code sprint next Wednesday evening, July 16th, from 6:00–9:00 at Ford Food and Drink. I'll be there, hacking on OCW, and I encourage interested folks to stop by. You can find the event details on Calagator here: http://calagator.org/events/1250466624

We'll be digging into open issues, working on some refactoring tasks, and getting new people acquainted with the code base. OpenConferenceWare is a Rails application, which is distributed as a Rails engine.

Hope to see you there,
Reid

Eric Drechsel

Jul 10, 2014, 4:56:55 AM7/10/14
to osbr...@googlegroups.com, Chris Freeman, openconfe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reid,
I talked with Chris Freeman at this year's conference about helping improve the OSBridge volunteer app, which is written in Django. Would this be an appropriate venue?

Reid

--

---

best, Eric
eric.pdxhub.org

Reid Beels

Jul 14, 2014, 12:52:28 AM7/14/14
to Eric Drechsel, Chris Freeman, osbr...@googlegroups.com, openconfe...@googlegroups.com
Hey Eric,

I think it would be great to schedule time to work on that as well, but Chris is definitely the lead on that project and would need to pick a time that’s good for him. Let’s keep this event focused on OCW, and figure out another time to work on the volunteer app. We could possibly co-schedule a future event to work on both?

Best,
Reid