Errors in OSATE Development Set-up

chenhanlin

Sep 5, 2023, 6:13:07 AM9/5/23
to OSATE
I try to set up an OSATE development environment in windows10, and I followed the instruction in https://osate.org/setup-development.html.  After completing the step 7, there are 955 errors occur as the screenshot showsPS1EI}I@30JXGA%Z[ZTP9M0.png
R0G5)5I3)]U2}127M8EEYW.png
$%M]S9EDDC[NP7QT$YHLKTT.png
I have repeated the installation several times, but the problem still can't be solved.

Lutz Wrage

Sep 5, 2023, 12:39:43 PM9/5/23
to OSATE
Just continue with step 8. JavaFX is needed for successful compilation.

chenhanlin

Sep 14, 2023, 11:17:03 PM9/14/23
to OSATE
Thank you, after importing JavaFX,  the number of errors reported has changed from 995 to 204.the java file in xtend-gen still  reports the following errors:

1694746613901.jpg

1694746824802.jpg

It's mentioned in step 7 that "An Xtend formatter profile Osate is created and enabled for the workspace". I've tried to download Eclipse Xtend in Eclipse Marketplace, but the problem can't be solved.

Lutz Wrage

Sep 21, 2023, 2:00:35 PM9/21/23
to OSATE
When you do the setup with the eclipse installer, all necessary components are installed automatically.
Try a full build: Project > Clean... > Check "Clean all projects" > Clean

Brian Larson

Sep 22, 2023, 9:07:06 AM9/22/23
to OSATE
Sometimes, I've found the need to incrementally clean projects to get rid of all error problems, but not with the latest commit c37bff349b on Sep 7.
Start cleaning individual projects first with projects in core, with those having "xtext" in their name first, followed by those having shortest names.
It seems that Eclipse inexplicably determines incorrect build orders.
This happens sometimes just within cleaning my own projects.
Clean/build of com.multitude.bless.codegeneration clears all the bogus error messages in my own plugins.