Proposal: LibreOffice Install Fest

1 view

Fabian

Dec 28, 2010, 4:12:52 AM12/28/10
to Open Source Alliance Cyberjaya
Date: After LibreOffice Stable
Venue: MMU Cyberjaya
Target: MMU Student and Staff
Tagline: We Prefer OpenDocument Format / We accept OpenDocument Format

This event is broken into 3 part
Part 1: Acceptance
Part 2: Promotion
Part 3: Installation

Part 1 (Before Event day)
We setup a online forms where we allow lecturer and staff to sign a
pledge (or whatever you wan to call it) to accept OpenDocument Format.
They can further pledge to make shared documents available in
OpenDocument Format.

We get NTU to support ODF in labs and lecture hall.

We need letter or flyers to inform lecturer about this program.
(IF got budget) We could provide sticker with ODF logo for
lecturer,staff and department who are ODF friendly.

Part 2 (Before Event day)
Setup promo site where we list lecturer and staff who had sign the
pledge to accept OpenDocument Format. We could also get lecturer to
add good comments about the ODF.

Part 3 (Event day)
Student and staff who join the install fest can opt to be listed in
the promo site (nick and url)
(IF got budget) We provide sticker when they join install fest.

This is my initial idea.Feel free to give comments and ideas.
Although this is not as life changing as Linux install fest. It's the
first step toward that. It was inspired by an article in Linux Format
where it said the first step to convert user to linux is to remove the
sudden shock of change.

After this event,if user opt to use linux,they could expect to see a
browser and an office suite they recognized.

fabian

Dec 28, 2010, 8:12:34 AM12/28/10
to Mohd Fazli Azran, Mohd Hidzuan, Mohd Rizal Mohd Shahari, khairu...@gmail.com, Harisfazillah Jamel, Open Source Alliance Cyberjaya
it's a great idea.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Mohd Fazli Azran <mfazl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Fabian,

I would like to forward you idea in our OSDC.MY committee. If you want OSDC.MY collaboration maybe it can be something nice. We hope you can get better understanding about OSDC.MY. Yep maybe we can set teh tarik with you. We just collaboration with AMDI-USM to do OSS Day at penang last week. We need more OSS community inline with us so if give a big impact to community rather we do small community events. It up to you to decide. Thanks

--
FOSS.my 2009 :: http://foss.my
OSA-Cyber: http://osacyber.org

Regards,