[Off-topic] Anyone have a wife/female friend/girlfriend/etc. needing work?

Jeremy McAnally

Jan 2, 2012, 3:17:37 PM1/2/12
to orug-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Sorry for my first post to the group being off topic.  SHAME.  But you guys and gals are literally some of the only people I "know" in Orlando, so it seems prudent to start here when looking for someone local.  Craigslist post about the position has yielded responses from the creepy to the incoherent, so I figured we'd try to work whatever minuscule social circle we might have next.

My wife runs a men's accessories business named Wickham House (http://wickhamhousebrand.com).  She sews bowties, ties, etc. and sells them via the Internet.  She's had ridiculous success, so much so she's had to hire 1-2 employees to help her out.  Unfortunately, her main right hand lady is trying to move to Cambodia to work with a mission there pulling girls out of sexual slavery, so she's (obviously) going to be losing her as part of the team.

Right now she's looking for someone part time (10-20 hours a week) who will step up to 20-40 hours a week once her main employee heads out.  Responsibilities are basically just cutting fabric according to a pattern, ironing things out, and eventually she'll teach them to sew.  The person doesn't necessarily need experience with this stuff, but experience with it would be a big help of course.  :)  The work pays (from $10/hr to $15/hr depending on experience), is steady, and includes a gym membership to our local YMCA that we go to everyday (her current employees accompany us).  You'll need to be able to travel out to our house to work (we live right next to the Magic Kingdom) since my wife likes to be directly involved in the production process.  We can provide a small fuel stipend if you're traveling crazy miles to get here.

The main thing is that she's really looking for someone who could get invested in the business with her and help it grow beyond where it's at now, which is something she hasn't had up to this point.  She needs more of a "partner" than employee, I guess.

If you're interested or know someone who is, contact me off list my email (jeremy.mcanally [at] gmail) or on Twitter @jm.

Thanks!