UNTREATED RE DISLOOCATE LEFT HIP

CHERRY KOVOOR

Jan 30, 2022, 7:44:00 AM1/30/22
to PAED ORTH INDIA

Dear Friends ,

Requesting your opinion

9 yr old girl

DDH dislocated hip Left noticed by parents when child started walking at around 1 ½ yrs age. Treated in a major hospital -Initially only Open Reduction  later followed by ? femoral shortening. Hip re-dislocated no further treatment was done.

Then at age 5 yrs saw me- advised surgery, saw  two other senior paediatric Orth surgeons  same advice,-not done anything

Now comes at age of 9 yrs- no tenderness, shortening 2 cm Trandelenberg  positive

X-rays- Left hip dislocated, very shallow acetabulam

I feel its too late to consider open reduction, femoral shortening and really don’t know if some form of acetabulum can be created.

I feel it can either be left alone or a pelvic support osteotomy be done at 14-15 yrs age

Attaching x-rays

Regards

DR C CHERIYAN KOVOOR

KOCHI   INDIA