NON UNION NECK FEMUR

1 view

CHERRY KOVOOR

Nov 28, 2021, 3:03:07 AM11/28/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com, ORTHOPOD

Dear Friends

Kindly advice what can be done

20 yr old male

Pt had a fall 1 yr ago-went to an ortho surgeon tokk x-ray-told hip fracture and advised surgery

Pt did instead ayurvedic massage and now comes 1 yr later with limping and pain

Examination- 3 CM shortening, Limping

R HIP--Trendelenburg _ Positive

no tenderness, hip movements FLEX-100 EXT 0 ABD-20 ADD-40 Ext rot-40 Int rotation=40

All movements terminally painful

R knee- Lachman’s and anterior Drawyer positive

X-ray Non union fracture neck femur with ?viable head and very short neck

Attaching x-rays

Regards

DR CHERIYAN KOVOOR

KOCHI   INDIA

lat.png
ap.png

George Thomas

Nov 28, 2021, 8:12:37 AM11/28/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com, CHERRY KOVOOR, ORTHOPOD
Dear Cherry,
In this young male I would do an angulation osteotomy as described by Muller and fix with a double angled plate.
I have personally performed only 8 such procedures. Every one of them went on to unite.
Prof. Nagi from Rohtak has published a large series.
In the latest issue of the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery American, there is a large series from the Christian Medical College Vellore.
Sincerely

On Sun, 28 Nov 2021, 15:12 'nikhil goradia' via IndiaOrth, <indi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I'd like to fix the fracture with a Richard's screw along with a Fibular strut graft.  Do a subtroch angulation osteotomy, fixed with barrel-plate (double-angled preferably).
Later, reexamine the knee for instability,  and treat as necessary.
Regards

George Thomas

Nov 28, 2021, 8:16:01 AM11/28/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com, CHERRY KOVOOR, ORTHOPOD
Correction :
Latest article from CMC Vellore is not on non union neck femur.
That one was published several years ago.
Sincerely,

Alexander Chelnokov

Nov 28, 2021, 1:25:33 PM11/28/21
to orthopod@googlegroups com, indi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

вс, 28 нояб. 2021 г. в 10:03, CHERRY KOVOOR <kovo...@gmail.com>:

20 yr old male

Pt had a fall 1 yr ago-went to an ortho surgeon tokk x-ray-told hip fracture and advised surgery

It is worth to perform an image in maximal adduction, as preop planing and preparation to some kind of valgus intertrochanteric osteotomy.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander N. Chelnokov