PATHOLOGICAL FRACTURE LEG

CHERRY KOVOOR

Jun 18, 2021, 12:56:28 PM6/18/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends

Requesting your opinion

35 yr old  man- manual labourer  treated elsewhere

Pt had some pain Feb 2020 R leg for which and x-ray taken showed some lesion. Was advised biopsy which  the pt refused. Had a fracture in July 2020 which was treated in  cast after aspiration which showed a few leukocytes. United in  cast and was going about his work. 2days ago [16/6/2021]  had another fall  and another fracture through the lesion.

Blood test - normal

My question is what could be the lesion, My plan is first get a biopsy  and depending on the result proceed further

Attaching serial x-rays

With regards

DR CHERIYAN KOVOOR

KOCHI     INDIA

17-6-2021.jpg
22-2-2020.jpg
18-7-2020.jpg
31-1-2021.jpg

Alexander Chelnokov

Jun 18, 2021, 2:39:54 PM6/18/21
to orthopod@googlegroups com, indi...@googlegroups.com
Probably giant cell tumour

пт, 18 июн. 2021 г. в 19:56, CHERRY KOVOOR <kovo...@gmail.com>:
---
Powered by Orthogate
Improving orthopaedic care, education, and research using Internet technologies
http://www.orthogate.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orthopod" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/orthopod/CA%2B6cPJz%2BKksi0E-ebEMrFN1EEjGoXzVFZ%2BwxF7yw0KNJU-b0mQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander N. Chelnokov

Dr Minoo Patel

Jun 19, 2021, 6:43:44 AM6/19/21
to orth...@googlegroups.com, indi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cherry,

Its diaphyseal and has a soap bubble appearance and has seemingly healed once, though I suspect the fracture had never fully healed.

Simple bone cyst or aneurysmal bone cyst

Needs a tissue diagnosis

If it’s a SBC or ABC the fracture will likely cause partial healing of the lesion, though it’ll need a prophylactic nailing in SBC and

Injection with steroid or absolute alcohol or calcitonin initially for ABC, followed by nailing (risk of metastasis).

Good luck
Minoo

Prof. Minoo Patel MBBS, MS, FRACS, Ph.D.

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Adjunct Professor, RMIT University ǀ Senior Lecturer Monash University ǀ Research Fellow Melbourne University

Director and Past Chair, Australian Orthopaedic Association Research Foundation

Suite 5.7. The Epworth Centre, 32 Erin St, Richmond. VIC  3121

Ph: 03 9429 8084    Fax: 03 94294045       Mobile: 0418 418 728

Email: minoo...@bigpond.com

CHERRY KOVOOR

Jun 20, 2021, 12:22:49 PM6/20/21
to ORTHOPOD, indi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the suggestions. doing biopsy tomorrow-'

will keep posted

Regards

DR   CHERIYAN KOVOOR
KOCHI