NU neck femur ANOTHER CASE

CHERRY KOVOOR

Dec 11, 2021, 12:33:46 PM12/11/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends

Please give your opinion regarding this case

50 yr old lady- sweeper in a govt office

Had a road accident 5 months ago

Sustained fracture neck femur and lower third both bones leg R side

Fracture neck fixed with screws [stryker 7 mm 3 screws] and tibia MIPO plating done

Now 5 months down the lane the femoral neck fracture is getting displaced going into non union

My plan is screw removal -traction to reduce the Pauwel’s angle and do a modified Pauwel’s valgus osteotomy with 120 deg double angle blade plate

Is there anything in this case I should look out for

Attaching serial x-rays

Regards

DR C CHERIYAN KOVOOR

KOCHI  INDIA

val 5 monthship AP.png
Valpostop hip LAT.png
Val 5 months hip LAT.png
VALpostop pelvis.png
Valinjpelvis.png

Alexander Chelnokov

Dec 11, 2021, 1:51:26 PM12/11/21
to orthopod@googlegroups com, indi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

сб, 11 дек. 2021 г. в 19:33, CHERRY KOVOOR <kovo...@gmail.com>:

My plan is screw removal -traction to reduce the Pauwel’s angle and do a modified Pauwel’s valgus osteotomy with 120 deg double angle blade plate

Is there anything in this case I should look out for

I wouldn't change the position, just VITO as is. Would do perQ using nail.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander N. Chelnokov