SUBLUXATION HEAD OF ULNA

CHERRY KOVOOR

Jul 25, 2021, 12:08:34 PM7/25/21
to indi...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends

Kindly advice what to do

16 yr old boy,  4 yrs ago had a fracture both bones treated by closed reduction elsewhere. After removal of POP parents noticed a deformity which the doc said will remodel.

Since  2 years pt noticed “Clicking of the wrist”

Examination – no clinical deformity- head of ulna subluxes on pronation and reduces on supination, full pronation , supination restricted -terminal 20 degrees not possible.

X-ray -increased radial bow on LAT view

Attaching x-rays

Regards

DR CHERIYAN KOVOOR

KOCHI

INDIA

AP.tiff
LAT.tiff

Sudhir Warrier

Jul 25, 2021, 9:53:57 PM7/25/21
to orth...@googlegroups.com
Cherry,
I would do the following before making my decisions.
Dead lateral X ray
X ray of the normal opposite side
3T MRI

If the original injury films are available, they would be immensely helpful!

SUdhir Warrier

---
Powered by Orthogate
Improving orthopaedic care, education, and research using Internet technologies
http://www.orthogate.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orthopod" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/orthopod/CA%2B6cPJy%2BdVrpGbWMCEBbrOH4yUEtkSe-Y1Fx-XXuspsVisSaAg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Sudhir Warrier
Hand Surgeon,

CHERRY KOVOOR

Jul 26, 2021, 12:10:52 AM7/26/21
to ORTHOPOD
Thanks sudhir. How does MRI help? To know status of Tfc?