Postpolio iatrogenic deformity

CHERRY KOVOOR

Mar 4, 2022, 12:41:18 PM3/4/22
to indi...@googlegroups.com, ORTHOPOD

Dear Friends

Kindly give your suggestions

60 yr old man- case of post polio residual paralysis R lower limb

In 1997 had lengthening with Ilizarov ring fixator-unfortunately valgus and external rotation deformity at proximal tibia with ? pre existing equinus ankle with almost ankylosed ankle Now there is no limb length discrepancy.

My plan is valgus correction with lengthening using that gap for de rotation and then compress corticotomy. My question is regarding the equinus deformity- considering the  degenerated and ? ankylosed  ankle should I do an ankle fusion or do a supra malleolar osteotomy and bend the osteotomy gradually into recurvatum?

Attaching x-rays and clinical pics

Gait pics at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ous_0dLC0rL6tDC_M83o9Wl8W1kMDtgI/view?usp=sharing

With kind regards

DR C CHERIYAN KOVOOR