Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Newsletter - Service Date and Time for July

Shannon Ware

Jul 6, 2013, 7:49:41 AM7/6/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Venerable Thomas of Mt. Maleon; Hieromartyr Evangelos, bishop of Tomi (Constanta) in Romania; New-martyr Polycarp; Eudokia, princess of Moscow

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Galatians. (3:23-4:5)

Brethren, before faith came, we were confined under the Law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed.  So that the Law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith.  But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.  I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no better than a slave, though he is the owner of all the estate; but he is under guardians and trustees until the date set by the father.  So with us; when we were children, we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe.  But when the time had fully come, God sent forth His Son, to redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (4:18-23)

At that time, as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.  And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”  Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.  And going on from there He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and He called them.  Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.  And He went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the Kingdom and healing every disease and every infirmity among the people.

Source: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html

Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Our next Holy Divine Liturgy with God's help will be celebrated at Fr Matthew Quay in the Church of the Holy Trinity on Saturday the 27th of July. Confessions will be as usual before the Liturgy which will commence at 11am. Please remember your list of the dead as we remember everyone in our liturgy.

http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm

Shannon Ware

Jul 13, 2013, 6:28:16 AM7/13/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Apostle Aquila of the Seventy; Joseph the Confessor, archbishop of Thessalonica; Peter, bishop of Crete; Venerable Onesimos of Magnesia and Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to St. Titus. (3:8-15)

Titus, my son, the saying is sure. I desire you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to apply themselves to good deeds; these are excellent and profitable to men. But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is perverted and sinful; he is self-condemned. When I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there. Do your best to speed Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way; see that they lack nothing. And let our people learn to apply themselves to good deeds, so as to help cases of urgent need, and not to be unfruitful. All who are with me send greetings to you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (5:14-19)

The Lord said to His Disciples: “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father Who is in heaven. Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

Shannon Ware

Jul 20, 2013, 1:21:53 PM7/20/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Righteous Fathers John of Edessa in Mesopotamia, and Simeon of Homs (Emesa), the Fool-for-Christ; Parthenios, bishop of Radovizlios; Martyr Victor of Marseilles

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Romans. (6:18-23)

Brethren, having been set free from sin, you have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once yielded your members to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now yield your members to righteousness for sanctification. When you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But then what return did you get from the things of which you are now ashamed? The end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the return you get is sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (8:5-13)

At that time, as Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came forward to him, beseeching Him and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, in terrible distress.” And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” But the centurion answered Him, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard him, He marvelled, and said to those who followed him, “Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.” And to the centurion Jesus said, “Go; be it done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed at that very moment.