Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Newsletter - Tenth Week After Pentecost

Shannon Ware

Sep 2, 2013, 3:54:13 AM9/2/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Beginning of the Indiction: Ecclesiastical New Year. Righteous Simeon the Stylite; Synaxis of the Theotokos at Miasinae

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the First Epistle of St. Paul to St. Timothy. (2:1-7)

Timothy, my son, first of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way.  This is good, and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.  For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, Who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony to which was borne at the proper time.  For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Luke. (4:16-22)

At that time, Jesus came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and He went to the synagogue, as His custom was, on the Sabbath day.  And He stood up to read; and there was given to Him the book of the prophet Isaiah.  Jesus opened the book and found the place where it was written, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor and to heal the broken hearted.  He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”  And Jesus closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.  And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”  And all spoke well of Him, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth.

Source: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html

Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

 We celebrated our most recent Holy Divine Liturgy Saturday the 31 of August at 11.00am and confessions were at 10.30am. The location is at Fr Matthew Quay in the Church of the Holy Trinity.

http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm