Re: Digest for orthodox-ireland@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Sharon Ware

Jul 14, 2013, 9:05:44 AM7/14/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your faithful  posting of this reading. I have incorporated it into my regular devotion and it is a great blessing to me.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM, <orthodox...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/orthodox-ireland/topics

    Shannon Ware <bear...@gmail.com> Jul 13 03:28AM -0700

    Christ is with us!

    Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians
    living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an
    interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to
    anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa
    Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

    *Contents*

    1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
    2. Sunday Scripture Readings
    3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

    *Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday* Apostle Aquila of the Seventy;
    Joseph the Confessor, archbishop of Thessalonica; Peter, bishop of Crete;
    Venerable Onesimos of Magnesia and Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain Sunday
    Scripture Readings

    *The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to St. Titus. (3:8-15)*

    Titus, my son, the saying is sure. I desire you to insist on these things,
    so that those who have believed in God may be careful to apply themselves
    to good deeds; these are excellent and profitable to men. But avoid stupid
    controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for
    they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after
    admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing
    that such a person is perverted and sinful; he is self-condemned. When I
    send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis,
    for I have decided to spend the winter there. Do your best to speed Zenas
    the lawyer and Apollos on their way; see that they lack nothing. And let
    our people learn to apply themselves to good deeds, so as to help cases of
    urgent need, and not to be unfruitful. All who are with me send greetings
    to you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

    *The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (5:14-19)*

    The Lord said to His Disciples: “You are the light of the world. A city set
    on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel,
    but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so
    shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your
    Father Who is in heaven. Think not that I have come to abolish the law and
    the prophets; I have come not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For
    truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a
    dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes
    one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called
    least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall
    be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

    *Source*: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html
    *Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time*

    Our next Holy Divine Liturgy with God's help will be celebrated at Fr
    Matthew Quay in the Church of the Holy Trinity on Saturday the 27th of
    July. Confessions will be as usual before the Liturgy which will commence
    at 11am. Please remember your list of the dead as we remember everyone in
    our liturgy.

    http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm

    To subscribe to this newsletter, or for comments or suggestions regarding
    this email, please visit
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/orthodox-ireland