Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Newsletter - Thirteenth Week After Pentecost - Liturgy in Tralee

Shannon Ware

Sep 21, 2013, 5:56:19 PM9/21/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings – Exaltation of the Holy Cross
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time – Tralee, Kerry
  4. Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Martyr Phocas the Gardener; New-martyrs Isaac and Martin; Twenty-six Venerable-martyrs and Venerable Cosmas the Bulgarian, all of Zographou monastery on Athos

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the First Epistle of St. Paul to the Corinthians. (16:13-24)

Brethren, be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, and be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. Now, brethren, you know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the saints; I urge you to be subject to such men and to every fellow worker and labourer. I rejoice at the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus, because they have made up for your absence; for they refreshed my spirit as well as yours. Give recognition to such men. The churches of Asia send greetings. Aquila and Prisca, together with the church in their house, send you hearty greetings in the Lord. All the brethren send greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss. I, Paul, write this greeting with my own hand. If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed.  Our Lord, come! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Luke. (5:1-11)

At that time, Jesus was standing by the lake of Gennesaret.  And He saw two boats by the lake; but the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets.  Getting into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, Jesus asked him to put out a little from the land.  And He sat down and taught the people from the boat.  And when Jesus had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”  And Simon answered, “Master, we toiled all night and took nothing!  But at Thy word I will let down the nets.”  And when they had done this, they enclosed a great shoal of fish; and as their nets were breaking, they beckoned to their partners in the other boat to come and help them.  And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.  But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.”  For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the catch of fish, which they had taken; and so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon.  And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; henceforth you will be catching men.”  And when they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed Him.

Source: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html

Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time – Tralee, Kerry

The next time for Divine Liturgy (Mass) with the Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission will be celebrated in COLLIS SANDES HOUSE, in the Oakpark area of Tralee County Kerry, on the morning of Saturday 26 October.  The Divine Liturgy will commence at 11.00 am, though Fr John Hickey intend to be in attendance from before 10.30 am to hear confessions.

Here are Three LINKS which may be of use to you not familiar with Tralee, Co Kerry.

a) a LINK to the GOOGLE Maps Location of Collis Sandes House

 https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=collis+sandes+house+tralee&hnear=Collis+Sandes+House,+County+Kerry&gl=ie&t=m&z=16

b) A link to the Collis Sandes ' How to Find us Page' from their website

 http://korr.ie/how-to-find-us.html

 c)  A link to the Collis Sandes Website...and from that you can access their ' How to Find Us' Tab on the top of the webpage

 http://korr.ie/

Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission

For further details about the parish, please follow the link below.

http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm