Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Newsletter - Twelfth Week After Pentecost - Concelebration in Tralee

Shannon Ware

Sep 9, 2013, 6:04:18 AM9/9/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Christ is with us!

Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

Contents

  1. Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
  2. Sunday Scripture Readings
  3. Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time - Tralee, Kerry
  4. Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission

Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday

Sunday before the Elevation of the Holy Cross & Feast of the Nativity of the Theotokos

Sunday Scripture Readings

The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Galatians. (6:11-18)

Brethren, see with what large letters I am writing to you with my own hand.  It is those who want to make a good showing in the flesh that would compel you to be circumcised and only in order that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.  For even those who receive circumcision do not themselves keep the Law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may glory in your flesh.  But far be it from me to glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.  For, neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.  Peace and mercy be upon all, who walk by this rule, upon the Israel of God.  Henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren.  Amen.

The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. John. (3:13-17)

The Lord said, “No one has ascended into heaven but He who descended from heaven, the Son of man.  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.  For, God sent His Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.”

Source: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html

Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

Fr Chrysostom, an Archimandrite from the Holy Monastery of Koutloumousiou on Mount Athos  will be visiting Ireland from the 12th September to the 14th September.

The next time for Divine Liturgy (Mass) with the Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission will be be celebrated in COLLIS SANDES HOUSE, in the Oakpark area of Tralee County Kerry, on the morning of Saturday September 14th.  The Divine Liturgy will commence at 11.00 am, though Fr Chrysostom and Fr John Hickey intend to be in attendance from before 10.30 am to hear confessions. The Liturgy will be primarily in English, and will be a concelebrated by Fr Chrysostom and Fr Hickey.

There is a room booked and means will be available from the Meadowlands Hotel, which is 4-5 minute drive from the location of Liturgy. Here are Three LINKS which may be of use to you not familiar with Tralee, Co Kerry.

a) a LINK to the GOOGLE Maps Location of Collis Sandes House

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=collis+sandes+house+tralee&hnear=Collis+Sandes+House,+County+Kerry&gl=ie&t=m&z=16

b) A link to the Collis Sandes ' How to Find us Page' from their website

http://korr.ie/how-to-find-us.html

c)  A link to the Collis Sandes Website...and from that you can access their ' How to Find Us' Tab on the top of the webpage

http://korr.ie/

Pantanassa Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission

http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm