Re: Digest for orthodox-ireland@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Sharon Ware

Aug 3, 2013, 5:46:23 PM8/3/13
to orthodox...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for being faithful to send this out. I look forward to receiving it every week. Also, thank you for introducing me to Orthodoxy.

On Aug 3, 2013 3:32 PM, <orthodox...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/orthodox-ireland/topics

    Shannon Ware <bear...@gmail.com> Aug 03 06:25AM -0700

    Christ is with us!

    Orthodox Ireland provides news and information for Orthodox Christians
    living in Ireland, Orthodox Christians of Irish descent, and anyone with an
    interest in Orthodox Christianity in Ireland. This mailing list is open to
    anyone acting in good faith, and is sponsored by Our Lady Pantanassa
    Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in Cork.

    *Contents*

    - Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday
    - Sunday Scripture Readings
    - Reflection from Fr John
    - Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time

    <https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eqh05Xqm-oU/Uf0ELvJ-OxI/AAAAAAAAC7Y/Ha9-bZA1KHg/s1600/panagia-pantanassa-holy-and-great-monastery-of-vatopaidiou-holy-mount-athos_400x525.jpg>

    *Selected Saints Commemorated Sunday* The Holy Seven Sleeping Youths of
    Ephesus; Recovery of the relics of Martyr Eudokia of Persia Sunday
    Scripture Readings

    *The Reading from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Romans. (12:6-14)*

    Brethren, having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let
    us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our
    serving; he who teaches, in his teaching; he who exhorts, in his
    exhortation; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with
    zeal; he who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be genuine;
    hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with
    brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor. Never flag in
    zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, and serve the Lord. Rejoice in your hope,
    be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs
    of the saints, practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless
    and do not curse them.

    *The Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew. (9:1-8)*

    At that time, Jesus got into a boat, crossed over and came to His own
    city. And behold, they brought to Him a paralytic, lying on his bed; and
    when Jesus saw their faith He said to the paralytic, “Take heart, my son;
    your sins are forgiven.” And behold, some of the scribes said to
    themselves, “This man is blaspheming.” But Jesus, knowing their thoughts,
    said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say,
    ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise and walk’? But that you may
    know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—He then
    said to the paralytic—“Rise, take up your bed and go home.” And he rose
    and went home. When the crowds saw it, they marveled, and they glorified
    God, Who had given such authority to men.

    *Source*: http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/service_texts_weekends.html

    <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Frv_kHD39vI/Uf0EUGhy7WI/AAAAAAAAC7g/08Kbg_dhF1E/s1600/barbedwireChristIcon.jpg>

    *Reflection from Fr John*

    Let us not forget that as our fellow Christians are dying for our faith in
    the Middle East and may be counted as Martyrs; we on the other hand never
    stop complaining about our hardships and how difficult life is for us; yet
    we enjoy the freedom to profess our Orthodox Christian Faith. The question
    here is that when we leave this life and face Christ what account will we
    have to give of ourselves? Therefor through Christ remember the three R's;
    Reflect, Reveal and Repent. We as FREE Christians must never hide our light
    under the basket of FEAR of what others think; we are free to express our
    faith so do so and have Compassion in our lives constantly referring every
    aspect of our lives to Christ.

    <https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-62xhsTJjjkY/Uf0EdNx7H0I/AAAAAAAAC7o/aigxV4WJOTY/s1600/Istanbul.Hagia_Sophia075.jpg>

    *Our Lady Pantanassa Parish Service Time*

    We are celebrating our next Holy Divine Liturgy on Saturday the 31 of
    August at 11.00 am and confessions are at 10.30 am. The location is at Fr
    Matthew Quay in the Church of the Holy Trinity.

    http://www.antiochian-orthodox.co.uk/Parishes/dublin.htm

    To subscribe to this newsletter, or for comments or suggestions regarding
    this email, please visit
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/orthodox-ireland