Cannot access Explorer after update

Chaim Landau

Mar 23, 2023, 3:44:13 PM3/23/23
to Orthanc Users
Hi,

Yesterday I updated to  package 23.3.2 for Windows.

When going to Explorer 2 I get the following:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 153906.jpg

When going to Explorer I get the following error:
"HttpError" : "Not Found", "HttpStatus" : 404, "Message" : "Unknown resource",
"Method" : "GET", "OrthancError" : "Unknown resource", "OrthancStatus" : 17, "Uri" : "/app/explorer.html"

Thank you all!

Stephen Douglas Scotti

Mar 23, 2023, 4:25:55 PM3/23/23
to Orthanc Users
Could be a few things.

1.  Make sure you have Explorer 2 Enabled and that the Plug-in itself installed.
2.  Read the instructions in the config file and in the book.

The URL there with the 404 error is for the legacy explorer.

https://book.orthanc-server.com/plugins/orthanc-explorer-2.html?highlight=explorer
https://github.com/orthanc-server/orthanc-explorer-2/blob/master/Plugin/DefaultConfiguration.json
It might be that you don't have the plug-in enabled, or your configuration file isn't setup 'right'.

Stephen D. Scotti, M.D.

Chaim Landau

Mar 23, 2023, 5:54:02 PM3/23/23
to Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Thank you for that.
It worked up until the update and nothing was changed in the configure files.

Alain Mazy

Mar 24, 2023, 6:38:06 AM3/24/23
to Chaim Landau, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Hi Chaim,

This should not happen - I'm using 23.3.2 too on Windows without any issues.
Could you collect Orthanc verbose logs using these instructions?

Best regards,

Alain

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orthanc Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/orthanc-users/CAAsPWPmKwQd2WeTBtvAORxXPwRz79sqrmMzevoOD2nOwq0Ykmg%40mail.gmail.com.

Chaim Landau

Mar 24, 2023, 2:28:50 PM3/24/23
to Alain Mazy, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Hi,

I attached the log.

Thank you!

Chaim

Orthanc.log

Stephen Douglas Scotti

Mar 24, 2023, 2:53:23 PM3/24/23
to Orthanc Users
I do not use the Windows setup much.  Looking through the log it looks like the Plug-in installed.
W0324 14:24:33.824022 OrthancConfiguration.cpp:57] Reading the configuration from: "C:\Program Files\Orthanc Server\Configuration\orthanc-explorer-2.json"
I0324 14:24:34.099287 PluginsManager.cpp:303] (plugins) Found a shared library: "C:\Program Files\Orthanc Server\Plugins\OrthancExplorer2-win64.dll"
W0324 14:24:34.101287 PluginsManager.cpp:261] Registering plugin 'orthanc-explorer-2' (version 0.8.0)

The only thing I see that might be an issue might be:

W0324 14:24:34.200226 PluginsManager.cpp:157] When using OE2 and the authorization plugin together, you must set 'Authorization.CheckedLevel' to 'studies'.  Unless you are using this orthanc only to generate tokens.

I have never used that setup, but it looks like the front-end is actually loading and the Auth plug-in might be blocking the API requests.

Stephen D. Scotti, M.D.

Chaim Landau

Mar 24, 2023, 3:03:36 PM3/24/23
to Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Hi,

I don't have the authorization plugin enabled. Regardless I attempted adding "CheckedLevel" : "studies",to my json, didn't help.

Thank you!

Chaim

Alain Mazy

Mar 27, 2023, 3:08:29 AM3/27/23
to Chaim Landau, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Hi Chaim,

Could you open the Dev tools in your browser and check if there are any errors in the console and possibly report the content of the responses to /pre-login-configuration and /configuration ?

image.png

Best regards,

Alain.

Alain Mazy

Mar 27, 2023, 3:22:44 AM3/27/23
to Chaim Landau, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Hi again,

I think I've been able to reproduce your error while working on another setup.
image.png

I'm investigating now and I'll keep you posted.

Alain

Alain Mazy

Mar 27, 2023, 3:43:19 AM3/27/23
to Chaim Landau, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Ok, found it.  I introduced a bug in 0.8.0 while fixing another issue.  the OE2 UI was then not running correctly if there were no UiOptions section in the configuration file.

This is now fixed in v 0.8.2 that is being built right now.  An updated installer will be available in a few hours max.

Best regards and sorry for the inconvenience

Alain.

Chaim Landau

Mar 28, 2023, 1:36:59 AM3/28/23
to Alain Mazy, Stephen Douglas Scotti, Orthanc Users
Yep, that did it, I added one line for UiOptions and it came back to life.

Thank you!

Chaim

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 5:14 AM Chaim Landau <chla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, thank you so much!