GDCM Error crashing Orthanc

Salim Kanoun

Jul 2, 2021, 7:19:44 AM7/2/21
to Orthanc Users
Hi there,

I might found a bug with GDCM not properly handled by Orthanc,

The following DICOM in attachement, raise an exception into GDCM when using "IngestTranscoding" : "1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.57" parameter.

I guess it is a bug of GDCM ? Should I get in touch with Mathieu Malaterre?

But more enoying than GDCM bug is that even if orthanc detect this error by writing in the log
E0702 13:09:38.999424 PluginsManager.cpp:164] Bad file format: GDCM cannot decode the image

The orthanc server itself crashes after this log, without any additional information, like a non handled exception breaking the main process itself.

This is on Orthanc 1.9.4

Thanks for help,

Salim

test_dicomseg_labelled (1).dcm

Sébastien Jodogne

Jul 5, 2021, 2:54:13 AM7/5/21
to Orthanc Users
Dear Salim,

The problem is visibly that GDCM doesn't support transcoding of 1bpp images. I have just added a check to prevent the transcoding of such images:

HTH,
Sébastien-

Salim Kanoun

Jul 5, 2021, 4:07:35 AM7/5/21