ALWAYS get "error during store" when sending - but it succeeds anyway

Daniel Drucker

Mar 18, 2021, 7:16:36 PM3/18/21
to Orthanc Users
Every time I use the "send to DICOM modality" button, it sits there for a while saying it's sending, then says "error during store".

But if I then go into Jobs, the job is still running - and a few minutes later, succeeds.

Yes, I know about https://book.orthanc-server.com/faq/improving-interface.html - but this seems like an actual UI bug to me.

What's more, it's trivially fixed. Instead of blocking here waiting for completion (which could take many many minutes in the case of multi-gigabyte studies), just have the UI be a link to the Jobs page and a Close button -- don't wait for the job to finish.

Thanks!
Daniel

Sébastien Jodogne

Jul 8, 2021, 8:59:37 AM7/8/21
to Orthanc Users
Your suggestion has been implemented by the following changeset:

Regards,
Sébastien-

Daniel Drucker

Jul 8, 2021, 9:16:19 AM7/8/21
to Orthanc Users
Thank you so much!

Daniel Drucker

Dec 20, 2021, 8:32:10 AM12/20/21
to Orthanc Users
The "delete" functionality could also use this treatment -- Chrome, for example, pops up an "unresponsive page" warning during large deletes. This should also be asynchronous.