stone viewer google chrome ubuntu

Dkorthosurgery

Jan 13, 2022, 2:38:56 PM1/13/22
to Orthanc Users
i am using orthanc server in my office with docker for several years,
today i tried to upgrade postgresql from version 13.4 to latest and the docker fail to start,
so i reverse it back
Doing several tests i notice that stone viewer fail to show images in google chrome in my two ubuntu pcs, thumbnails was ok, in firefox everything was ok, in two macs everything  was ok and in two windows was ok, all with google chrome latest version,
A strange thing that one ubuntu pc was showing no data and the other just the metadata.
Today i also upgrade chrome viewer in ubuntu.
All other viewers are working fine, radiant, weasis, horos
the orthanc explorer is working fine
Is there a way to try empty stone viewer from chrome cache memory ?
No errors in orthanc logs
I am trying to find the cause of the problem
Many thanks,
Kyriakos

Dkorthosurgery

Jan 13, 2022, 3:56:12 PM1/13/22
to Orthanc Users
google chrome console give this error

VM49:1 Unable to extract slice thickness from GridFrameOffsetVector (3004,000C) (reason: GridFrameOffsetVector not present or too small)

Dkorthosurgery

Jan 13, 2022, 5:28:30 PM1/13/22
to Orthanc Users
further tests using another ubuntu computer from my home through vpn google chrome version 96.0.4664.110 works fine i
n google chrome version  97.0.4692.71 latest official does stone viewer does not display images

Dkorthosurgery

Jan 24, 2022, 4:04:06 AM1/24/22
to Orthanc Users
I accidentaly found workaround in mobile chrome viewer, android ipad and ubuntu newer version,

if you click in right frame and after in thumbnail you can view the image

the drug and drop function does not works,

There is a previous answer and a roadmap

Many thanks,

Kyriakos

Sébastien Jodogne

Mar 22, 2022, 10:02:21 AM3/22/22
to Orthanc Users
Hello,

After much investigation, it appears that this issue is *not* related to Stone/Orthanc, but to Chrome/Chromium.

I have added an explanation and three possible workarounds in the Orthanc Book:

HTH,
Sébastien-

Κυριάκος Δημητριάδης

Mar 23, 2022, 9:00:00 AM3/23/22
to Sébastien Jodogne, Orthanc Users
I confirm that in my iPad air 4, safari, Firefox, opera, works perfect , chrome  browser version 99 still has the drag and drop problem.

Many thanks,

Kyriakos

Sébastien Jodogne

Mar 23, 2022, 9:23:04 AM3/23/22
to Orthanc Users
OK, thanks for the feedback, so I have just re-introduced the note about iPad Air 4, but there's nothing I can do without having access to such a device:

Dkorthosurgery

Mar 26, 2022, 2:33:55 AM3/26/22
to Orthanc Users
I checked the latest chrome browser in different mobile devices, different android phones, differnet iphones, and different ipads and all
have the same same drag and drop problem, maybe the bug is related to chrome in mobile devices.

Sébastien Jodogne

Mar 26, 2022, 4:09:13 AM3/26/22
to Orthanc Users
We are visibly not talking about the same things:

1- The problem I was referring to occurs on **desktop** computers, specifically with Chrome/Chromium 97.0.4692.71 (which is the release you mentioned in your mail from January 14th, 2022). It can be fixed by following these guidelines:

2- The problem you are referring to occurs on **mobile** devices. This is not an issue, but a feature request. Indeed, it is clearly stated that the Stone Web viewer has no support for mobile devices yet, as indicated in the TODO:

So, given your last message, I guess there is nothing particular with the iPad Air 4. The latter should behaves just like any other Android or iOS device. Please could you confirm this, so that I can remove the unnecessary, misleading entry about iPad Air 4 in the TODO file?

Regards,
Sébastien-

Dkorthosurgery

Mar 26, 2022, 7:19:08 PM3/26/22
to Orthanc Users
I apologise for confusion, but I thought it was the same problem.

1. In recent versions of chrome, **desktop** , there is no problem
2. I confirm

 I test it in different mobile devices

Android phones Firefox, chrome has the problem
iPhone safari everything works perfect, chrome has the problem
iPads and iPad Air safari everything works perfect, Firefox  everything works perfect, chrome has the problem

I will try to find an android tablet to test it

From user point of view, a feature that is missing the most from **desktop** version of stone viewer, is zooming to the image. In mobile devices you zoom using pinch and zoom and I am very happy using safari browser, iPad Air 4 and galaxy note 10.
I was not able to find any problem, and The usability is almost perfect.

Many thanks,

Kyriakos

Sébastien Jodogne

Mar 27, 2022, 6:28:43 AM3/27/22
to Orthanc Users
Android phones Firefox, chrome has the problem

Please could you elaborate about what is "the problem"? A video would be more than useful.

Given your previous answer, I assume that there is nothing specific to the iPad Air 4, as "the problem" seems fully related to Chrome (i.e. it seems also to occur on Android devices). So, please could you confirm that I can remove the mention of iPad Air 4 in the TODO?

From user point of view, a feature that is missing the most from **desktop** version of stone viewer, is zooming to the image. In mobile devices you zoom using pinch and zoom and I am very happy using safari browser, iPad Air 4 and galaxy note 10.
I was not able to find any problem, and The usability is almost perfect.

On desktop computers, you can already use the right-click of the mouse to zoom. Are you aware of this feature?

Regards,
Sébastien-

Dkorthosurgery

Mar 27, 2022, 3:53:54 PM3/27/22
to Orthanc Users
Two videos from my iPad Air 4, one from safari browser where the drag and drop function works well and one from chrome browser that does not work.

In android devices the problem is the same

I can make more video if they help

No I was not aware that feature, thanks

Many thanks,

Kyriakos

Dkorthosurgery

May 4, 2022, 12:43:15 PM5/4/22
to Orthanc Users
I understand that the Stone Web viewer has no support for mobile devices yet, but it maybe be useful

drag and drop function stone viewer on latest firefox browser ios works well ( previous firefox version does not work well )

drag and drop function stone viewer on latest firefox browser android does not work well

many thanks,

Kyriakos

Dkorthosurgery

Aug 24, 2022, 5:58:56 PM8/24/22
to Orthanc Users
I confirm that in latest chrome browsers in iPad Air 4, now the drag and drop function works fine