DIMSE No data available & DIMSE Read PDV failed

vijendr...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 3:08:19 AM12/11/15
to Orthanc Users
When I try to send few CR (x-ray) images with around 28MB size, from local PACS system to Orthanc server, it is rejecting with "Connection closed" error message. Few other CR images (of same size) and CT images are sent successfully.

Following erros are recorded in Orthanc error log.

E1211 07:53:31.248591 4662 StoreScp.cpp:289] Store SCP Failed: DIMSE Failed to receive message
E1211 07:54:01.282937 4662 CommandDispatcher.cpp:852] DIMSE failure (aborting association): DIMSE No data available (timeout in non-blocking mode)

E1211 07:14:19.837682 23290 CommandDispatcher.cpp:852] DIMSE failure (aborting association): DIMSE Failed to receive message
0006:020c DIMSE Read PDV failed
0006:0321 Unrecognized PDU type: 27

I have attached my Orthanc config file. Can any one please suggest if it is related to timeout issue? I have DicomAssociationCloseDelay set to 0 in my config.

orthanc.json

Sébastien Jodogne

Dec 11, 2015, 3:29:14 AM12/11/15
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com
Sorry, I have no clue about what is going wrong.

It looks like a problem in the configuration of either your firewall, or your local PACS. You should try and replace Orthanc with DCMTK's storescp to do a low-level analysis of the DICOM traffic.

Orthanc uses a timeout of 30 seconds for DIMSE (i.e. it closes the connection if it receives no message after 30 seconds), which should be enough. Anyway, you will find attached to this mail a patch that will disable the timeout. If this patch fixes your issue, I could add an additional configuration option for the DICOM server. Please let me know.

The "DicomAssociationCloseDelay" has no impact in this case, as it is only uses when Orthanc acts as an SCU (i.e. a client), not a SCP (i.e. a server).

HTH,
Sébastien-
timeout.patch

vijendr...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 4:59:26 AM12/11/15
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com
Thank you. I have applied the patch and restarted Orthanc. Still it is giving error. There is no local firewall. Other images are sent fine.

File to patch: /home/orthanc/OrthancServer/main.cpp
patching file /home/orthanc/OrthancServer/main.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 571 with fuzz 2 (offset -164 lines).

I have tried with local ruby dicom server. It gave error like this. May be because of some problem in the image.

DICOM: Parsing a Data Element has failed. This is likely caused by an invalid DICOM encoding.
DICOM: Failed to parse this string as DICOM.

Sébastien Jodogne

Dec 11, 2015, 5:11:44 AM12/11/15
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com
Obviously, there is indeed an encoding problem with this image. Without having access to this image, it will be impossible to give you any help. The problem does not occur inside the Orthanc code, but rather in the lower-level library DCTMK.

At this point, I see 2 possibilities:
  1. Ask the commercial support of your local PACS to debug the problem (Orthanc and DCMTK are both free and open-source software, so they can freely use it in the debug process).
  2. Try and retrieve the problematic image with another C-Store SCP (such as "dcmrcv" from dcm4che-2.0.29), then signal the compatibility problem to the DCMTK team (dicom-bugs/at/offis/dot/de).
Sébastien-

Robert van Ommen

Dec 11, 2015, 7:29:10 AM12/11/15
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com
And maybe try to compile Orthanc with the dcmtk-3.6.1 branch?

korban...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 11:39:41 PM6/21/17
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com

It is getting rejected by the VNA (other site), it is best to contact the other end and have them tell you why are they rejecting?

Sébastien Jodogne

Jun 28, 2017, 9:27:53 AM6/28/17
to Orthanc Users, vijendr...@gmail.com, korban...@gmail.com

It is getting rejected by the VNA (other site), it is best to contact the other end and have them tell you why are they rejecting?

As you are resurrecting a 2-years old post about a very old version of Orthanc, please could elaborate your question? I can't understand it.

Sébastien-