DIMSE failure (aborting association): DIMSE No data error when retrieving big CT

Robert van Ommen

Jul 5, 2016, 6:42:14 AM7/5/16
to Orthanc Users
Hello,

I'm getting:
E0705 12:10:16.143091 CommandDispatcher.cpp:877] DIMSE failure (aborting association): DIMSE No data available (timeout in non-blocking mode)
While trying to retrieve big studies (lots of images).
I do not get this error when retrieving smaller studies.
I think I get this error because it take a long time before the first image gets send to Orthanc (the sending server first has to retrieve the complete study from nearline storage).

I believe this can be fixed by increasing the DIMSE C-move timeout.
I cannot find a configuration item to set this timeout.
Can you make this timeout configurable?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Robert

Sébastien Jodogne

Jul 13, 2016, 11:21:44 AM7/13/16
to Orthanc Users
Dear Robert,

I have just added two new options to fine-tune the DICOM timeouts:

  // Set the timeout (in seconds) after which the DICOM associations
  // are closed by the Orthanc SCP (server) if no further DIMSE
  // command is received from the SCU (client).
  "DicomScpTimeout" : 30,

  // The timeout (in seconds) after which the DICOM associations are
  // considered as closed by the Orthanc SCU (client) if the remote
  // DICOM SCP (server) does not answer.
  "DicomScuTimeout" : 10,

In your case, you would need to increase "DicomScpTimeout".

Please could you tell me whether these options solve your issue?

Regards,
Sébastien-